ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Abator] Unable to generate artifacts
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:18:27 GMT
Eclipse 3.0 is somewhat limited in this area.  What's supposed to happen is
this:

1. The popup menu is enabled for any .xml file that has abatorConfiguration
as the root element (good)
2. The Abator editor is associated with any file named abatorConfig.xml (not
so good)

The second case is this way because the Eclipse folks did not get the more
complex editor associations finished in time for release 3.0.  With 3.1, I
should be able to associate the editor with any XML file with
abatorConfiguration as the root element.

Since there's a lot of movement in this area of Eclipse, it would not
surprise me if something was amiss somewhere.  I have not done much
investigation of Abator on Eclipse 3.1 yet - mainly because my team is stuck
on 3.0 due to the Rational tooling being pegged there.

It's very interesting to me that their hack worked after all - I guess its
time for me to dive into Eclipse 3.1 and see if I've made some bad
assumptions.

Thanks for the update!
Jeff Butler