ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Abator] selectByExample not working?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:24:17 GMT
iBATIS and Abator support sequences directly - there's no need to alter the
generated inserts if you configure the abator_config file properly.  To use,
specify something like this in your Abator configuration:

  <generatedKey column="some_column" sqlStatement="select
sequence.nextvalfrom someSequence"
                         identity="false"/>

You'll need to replace all the values in the above example to the actual
values in your database.

When you run the DAO insert method, it will return the newly generated key -
so you can use the value in other queries.

Jeff Butler