ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does iBatis have a direct competitor?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:16:31 GMT
Interesting.

My experience with ORM must be quite different from yours.

I have seen some special cases where ORM might come in handy like
smaller projects where the database is only used by one application,
and would all fit into memory.

In an enterprise application on the other hand, where the database is
in the 100s of GB range and shared by multiple applications that do
not all operate within the same JVM, I have had nothing but pain with
ORM.

I am aware of no reason that a rich object model would preclude the
use of iBATIS.

Larry

On 2/13/06, Troy J. Kelley <troy.kelley@e-gineering.com> wrote:
> To save on some typing, I'll point to the blog entry that I just wrote about this:
>
> http://jroller.com/page/tkelley?entry=does_ibatis_have_a_competitor
>
> Not that I *want* to find something other than iBatis... I've been tasked with trying
to find solutions that don't quite call for the ORMs and I'm having a bit of difficulty finding
some middle ground solutions that are based on the concept of Data Mapping.  Based on what
I've read and experimented with, I'll be content if I only have iBatis to choose from :-)

> I'm new to the mailing list, so I want to use this first post to say thanks to the iBatis
team for their time and effort.  You guys rule.