ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Paul Carr" <Paul.C...@express-gifts.co.uk>
Subject RE: abator for eclipse generates *Examples classes
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:05:07 GMT
Thanks Jeff,  Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on using the DAO
Framework and the *byExample methods ?
Best Regards
Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 February 2006 20:25
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: abator for eclipse generates *Examples classes

The example class is used in the selectByExample and deleteByExample
methods - it's used to implement "query by example" functionality.
There's another recent thread on this list where I show an example of
using these methods.

In a stand alone (or any) app, you'll need to do these things:

1. Create an SqlMapConfig.xml file that references the generated SqlMap
files
2. Create a dao.xml file that references the SqlMapConfig.xml and
declares all the generated DAOs
3. Initialize the DaoManager
4. Use the DAOs

This information is all covered in the regular iBATIS documentation for
the Sql Map framework and the DAO framework.  Step 1 would be in the
SqlMap documentation, steps 2-4 are in the DAO documentation.  Any
tutorial on iBATIS would also cover these steps.

Jeff Butler