ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Davis Chapman <dchap...@fusionlabs.net>
Subject RE: Problem with Insert
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:25:32 GMT
That was it! I knew it had to be something simple that I just didn't
understand about the AS/400. Thanks guys!

Davis Chapman

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Butler
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: 2/24/2006 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with Insert

I think that's a good lead.  Most AS/400 tables are not journalled and
do not support transactions.  Try using the EXTERNAL transaction manager
which will turn off all transaction processing in iBATIS - maybe it will
make a difference.

BTW - the AS/400 terms for transactions are "commitment control" and
"journalling".  Ask the AS/400 folks in your shop if they've these
things - my guess is probably not.

Jeff Butler

On 2/24/06, Eric Blue < ericblue76@gmail.com