ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brent Ryan" <br...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: iBatis Conversion of java Type String to Numeric database field
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:23:03 GMT
The reason I want to do it this way is so that I can be more dynamic and
use the beanutils package from jakarta to do PropertyUtils.set(bean,
"myField", "Data From File");

However, I can't do this with iBatis unless I convert the "Data From
File" to an integer first in some cases.  So I'd have to figure this out
on a per field basis with some more crappy configuration file and do
something like the below.  I'm basically trying to avoid a bunch more
configurations in a properties file.

PropertyUtils.set(bean, "myField", Integer.parseInt("Data"));

Brent Ryan

Senior Consultant 	Blackboard, Inc.
bryan@blackboard.com
IM: bryan@im.blackboard.com