ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: iBatis Conversion of java Type String to Numeric database field
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:59:46 GMT
Hi Ryan,

Sorry for replying without answering your question, but it sounds to me that
the validation of the text file should be done in your service layer, and
that the service layer should populate your data beans what is a reflection
of your tables.

MEINDERT HOVING

   _____

From: Brent Ryan [mailto:bryan@blackboard.com]
Sent: 09 February 2006 11:24 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: iBatis Conversion of java Type String to Numeric database field

If I have a java bean that contains only String data types, is there a way
to have iBatis insert/update rows in the database that have a data type of
'Numeric'?

For Example... I read in a string of data from a text file, create my bean,
then call my iBatis service to insert the row of data into the database.
However, the database has a numeric data type for some of the fields.  Can
iBatis handle this?  I don't want my bean to have int, Date or other data
types because then I have to figure that out during the read of this text
file.  I just want to treat everything as a String.

I know that if you do this in Hibernate that it knows how to insert the
String into a numeric data field.  However, Hibernates performance is bad
when I'm trying to insert 1 million rows of data into a single table so I
can't use it.  I need to use straight JDBC or iBatis possibly....

Thanks,

Brent

BbWorld '06

New Client-Centered Program, Peers Aplenty, Party on Deck

San Diego, CA February 28-March 2, 2006

Register today! Visit: HYPERLINK
"http://www.blackboard.com/company/events/bbworld/"http://www.blackboard.com
/company/events/bbworld/ to learn more.

This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above.
It may include Blackboard confidential and proprietary information, and is
not for redistribution.