ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Hilde.DE-GRA...@ext.cec.eu.int
Subject RE: Strange behaviour Ibatis/Oracle 9i
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:41:28 GMT
Thank you very much for the info. We will do those changes.

Best regards,

Hilde

-----Original Message-----
From: Sven.Boden [mailto:list123@pandora.be]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:16 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour Ibatis/Oracle 9i

>From a mail of Clinton on the list a couple of weeks ago:

iBATIS will do a rollback by default.  Unfortunately this is a hangover for
legacy drivers (e.g. Sybase) that require a rollback to reset the connection
so that it can be reused.  Try using the DBCP connection pool instead.  If
that doesn't help, try using a container managed transaction.

As a last resort, you can write your own transaction manager and/or
connector to a different 3rd party connection pool to achieve the behaviour
that you want.  You can use the existing implementations as a guide, or even
as a base for developing your own.  You can configure iBATIS to use your
custom implementations by simply replacing JDBC and SIMPLE with the fully
qualified classnames of your implementations.

Regards,
Sven

We