ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <steven...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamic insert question
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 06:33:21 GMT
Dear all,

I want insert the table via one dynamic select, the "PartVO" is one object
and it has "family" attribute, and it's type is "String",

  <insert id="insertFamily" parameterClass="PartVO">
    <![CDATA[
  insert into cto.partfamily (family,partnum,parttype,active_flag) select
$family$,partnum,parttype,'N' from cto.partinfo where partnum in
     ]]>
 <iterate property="domain" open="(" close=")" conjunction=",">
     #domain[ ]#
 </iterate>
  </insert>

But it cause following error,seems the select can't get string value for
"family" column, but in the "PartVO" object, I already defined its type is
"String", and others are working(I use DB2 database):
Caused by: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT]
SQL0408N  A value is not compatible with the data type of its assignment
target.  Target name is "FAMILY".  SQLSTATE=42821

How can I make this function working?

Thanks so much for your warm-heated help!

Steven