ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sven Boden <list...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: support question JIRA-252/253/354
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:42:07 GMT

We are already are in agreement that the application layer (which calls
iBATIS) has to close the cursor which is an out parameter.

The easiest would be that the part in your application that reads from
the cursor closes it at the moment it reaches "the end of  the
cursor"... this would be something as:
    rs.close()
where rs is the ResultSet/cursor which is your out parameter.

Regards,
Sven

shiuli.deb@tcs.com wrote:

>Hi Sven,
>
>Thanks for your reply.I found in the discussion forums that  iBATIS will
>close the cursor for the list, in the application layer we have to close
>the resultCursor passed by the sp as OUT param.
>
>Iam not clear about how to implement this.Please suggest me or send me a
>sample code.
>
>Your help would be highly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Shiuli Deb
>Tata Consultancy Services Limited
>415/21-24, Kumaran Nagar,
>Sholinganallur,
>Old Mahabalipuram,
>Chennai - 600 119,Tamil Nadu
>India
>Cell:- 9884394355
>Mailto: shiuli.deb@tcs.com
>Website: http://www.tcs.com
>

>Sven Boden <list123@pandora.be>
>02/11/2006 04:26 PM
>Please respond to
>user-java@ibatis.apache.org

>shiuli.deb@tcs.com
>cc
>user-java@ibatis.apache.org
>Subject
>support question JIRA-252/253/354
>

>Shiulu,
>
>Don't create JIRA's for support questions, we have some mailing lists
>for those (in the cc: of this mail). Information from the JIRA at the
>end of this mail.
>
>So let me recap your problem to see whether we're talking about the same
>thing. You call stored procedure sp_gettransactionsqueue() with
>queryForList which gives you a list of QueueBeans. And also gives you a
>resultCursor back as OUT param (also in a QueueBean but that's beside
>the point). iBATIS will close the cursor for the list, you have to close
>the resultCursor passed to you as OUT param.
>For the place where the closing of the first ResultSet happens in the
>iBATIS source code, normally your queryForList will in the end pass
>through com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.execution.SQLExecutor.execeuteQuery(),
>which closes the ResultSet at the end of the method. Look at:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/java/mapper/mapper2/src/com/ibatis/sqlmap/engine/execution/SqlExecutor.java
>

>If you have further questions use the mailing list, we will close the
>JIRA's.
>
>Regards,
>Sven
>
>--------------------------------
> From IBATIS JIRA-252:
>resultCursor we have declared of type java.sql.ResultSet. But from our
>application we are not referring the resultcursor.
>We are using method queryForList which returns the result as List with
>number of beans based on number of records. Since we
>are not referring the resultset from our application, we are not able to
>find out where to close the result cursor.
>
><resultMap id="getQueueResult" class="QueueBean">
><result property="confirmationNo" column="txnid" />
><result property="assocName" column="initid" />
> [...]
contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained
in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately
and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you