ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>
Subject Invalid character
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:02:25 GMT
I've managed to get a very strange character in one of my tables.
This means I cannot select from that table without ibatis
throwing this exception. The database is using unicode,
so this is just some non existing character that somehow got in there.

I'd like to just ignore this error and keep retrieving the other rows.
Is this possible:

The exception:

[02-02 12:55:27] main (LabelIndexer.java:136) - Could not add document
to index: 100965
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Invalid character data was found.
This is most likely caused by stored data containing characters that are
invalid for the character set the database was created in.  The most
common example of this is storing 8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:1891)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2190)
        at
fm.last.lucene.indexers.catsearch.LabelIndexer.index(LabelIndexer.java:132)
        at
fm.last.lucene.indexers.CatSearchIndexer.index(CatSearchIndexer.java:51)
        at
fm.last.lucene.indexers.CatSearchIndexer.main(CatSearchIndexer.java:73)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: UTF-8 string representation was truncated
        at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.decodeUTF8(Encoding.java:304)
        at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.decode(Encoding.java:179)
        at org.postgresql.core.Encoding.decode(Encoding.java:193)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getString(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:1887)
        ... 4 more