ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From DaqiQi...@aol.com
Subject Re: performnace of iBATIS
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:42:20 GMT
Sven,

thanks for your response. I did some preliminary test on iBATIS' performance.
For JDBC (MySql 5.0), i recorded time from establishing connection, result
set, and mapping the result to objects. For list of simple objects, it seems to
me that iBATIS (no caching and lazyloading) is 3-5 times slower than using
JDBC. Of course, i believe my xml mapping has room to improve.

The reason I asked is that I need some stats to persuade myself and coworkers
to accept iBATIS as a data persistence tool for our relatively heavily loaded
servers.

btw, we just pushed a project using iBATIS to QE. For that project,
performance is not big issue.

Thanks,
Tony