ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Dave" <rash...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Selective Update of fields depending on values in object
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:38:34 GMT
Hi All,

We are using Abator generated SQL Map configuration files. I have two
questions

1. It turns out that a column in a table that I thought is NOT NULL, should
be a NULL column. I need to change the schema. Now do I need to re-generate
the SQL Maps again? (Please say I don't have to!!) Is there any information
regarding NULL/NOT NULL property stored?

2. The update query generated by Abator makes it compulsory for us to update
all columns in the table. What do I need to do to selectively update? Can I
somehow reuse the same update generated and avoid writing a different update
query per column? I hope this question isn't an obvious one. Kindly point me
to what feature I need to read the docs about if it is...

Thanks in advance.

Regards
~Rashmi