ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Cyril <cyril_j...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Stored procedures and iBatis
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 16:21:57 GMT
Hi !

I'm auditing iBatis to decide if we choose this
technologie for our project, but I have quite some
difficulties to find good documentation about iBatis
and stored procedures.

My project chose to call stored procedures for every
query to the database, and I need to understand how
iBatis support this.

http://ibatisnet.sourceforge.net/DevGuide/ar01s03.html#d0e333
(chapter 3.2.2) only present a call to a procedure
which doesn't return any result.

I read other submission to this list with example, but
usually, I can't find what I want to do: call a stored
procedure returning a list of objects

For example, how iBatis handle a stored query which
return a list of Contacts (mapping + java code)?
Is this possible?
I read that usually, the stored procedure will return
a Map, but what is in this map?
Is there instances of the Contact objects? If so, we
must specify a mapping from the result of the
procedure to the object, but how?

Some procedures return multiple result set. Is the
proposition at
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Improved+Stored+Procedure+Support+Whiteboard
implemented?

Many thanks!
Cyril Gambis

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels
pour appeler la France et l'international.