ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Dave" <rash...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: [Abator] selectByExample not working?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:04:24 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for this. It has worked.

I have one more question. In my table, the primary key is to be generated
using a sequence (I am using Oracle). Now, I have altered the Insert in the
sql map file so that it does not take the ID from the parameter Class. I
need the value of the sequence that gets generated for the newly inserted
record so that I can use it to populate other related tables. Can you
suggest a good method of doing this using iBATIS?

Thanks so much

Regards

~Rashmi

  _____

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 7:44 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Abator] selectByExample not working?

Add this line of code before calling the DAO method:

roleExl.setIsActive_Indicator(RolesExample.EXAMPLE_EQUALS);

HTH -

Jeff Butler

On 2/5/06, Rashmi Dave <rashmid@persistent.co.in> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I am using Abator generated DAO classes to fire queries against the tables.

I would like to select those rows in a table where the ACTIVE column is "Y".

For this my code reads

RolesExample roleExl = new RolesExample();
roleExl.setIsActive("Y");

List roleGrps = roleDAO.selectByExample(roleExl);

I would like this to generate a WHERE ACTIVE = 'Y' in the select query.

However, I find that the list being returned has all the rows in the table.
Not sure if I am using this right. Can you please help?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Rashmi