ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gareth Moorst <gazj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Dynamic addMaps
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:29:15 GMT
Sorry to butt in, but I'd like to add my tuppence to this thread:

This kind of functionality could be useful for an application I'm writing too - I've got a
mammoth
single application jar, distributed via webstart, which I am considering splitting into many
separate jars, by application area. There is no middle tier for this app, it connects to the
database directly, hence the ibatis framework is part of the download.
If I split the single huge jar into a single core app jar (with reusable common sqlmaps) and
many
extra application jars (each with specific sqlmaps) then I'll need some way to add mappings
to the
sqlmap config dynamically. It is possible that the core jar and any combination of the application
jars could be used at any one time.
I want to avoid having a single 'data access' jar which has sqlmaps for all of the application
areas.

Cheers,
Gareth Moorst.

http://uk.security.yahoo.com