ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chiu, Dennis \(Toronto - BCE\)" <dennis_c...@ml.com>
Subject RE: Exception error message
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:10:39 GMT
Hi Nathan:
Thx for your comment!
Actually all our err messages are inside the SP (raise msg).
That is why I need to throw them directly to the FE (this is just a
simple Swing and Ibatis app).
Are u telling me that there is no way to turn them off?
Thanks again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dennis Chiu
e-mail: dennis_chiu@ml.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Nathan.Maves@Sun.COM [mailto:Nathan.Maves@Sun.COM]
	Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 5:06 PM
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Exception error message

	Dennis,

	Letting an exception trickle all the way to your user is
generally a bad thing.  If it was me I would catch this exception and
then pull the error message from some where else, say a resources file,
and the display this to the user.

	I have no clue what web framework you are using, if any, but
this kind of thing is handled in the Action classes of the Struts
framework.

	Nathan