ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chen, Tim" <Tim.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Invalid character
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:22:48 GMT
Shouldn't that be a business decision then? If you chose a db that has
issues with a char then shouldn't you limit the user from being able to
enter said chars into DB?

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Oskarsson [mailto:johan@last.fm]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:22 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Invalid character

Larry Meadors wrote:

>This is an issue in the JDBC driver, not iBATIS.
>
>I'd suggest deleting the row with one of the native DB toosl that come
>with postresql, or setting the field's value to null or "".
>
>Larry

Yes, I realize that the exception/problem is caused by the jdbc driver,
however I'd like to let the query finish somehow, like I could when I
retrieved the rows manually using jdbc by catching the exceptions for
the resultset.get and just moving on to the next row if something went
wrong.

I haven't found any way to do this using ibatis.

I could remove the problematic row in the db, but as new ones are added
by users the problem could resurface.

/Johan