ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Manikandan.R, ISDC Chennai" <manikand...@hcl.in>
Subject Error message - com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLExcepti on
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:03:13 GMT
Hi
In our web application we are trying to update a table. our query is,
<update id="updateProjectMasterDetails"
parameterClass="com.tracker.dto.project.ProjectMasterDTO">
    UPDATE PROJECT_MASTER
        SET
            ORG_HIERARCHY_ID = #orgHierarchyId#,
            PMO_NUMBER =  #pmoNumber#,
            STAR_PRO_NUMBER =  #starProNumber#,
            DESCRIPTION =  #description#,
            IMPACT_DETAIL =  #impactDetail#,
            STATUS =  #status#,
            PRIORITY =  #priority#,
            CATEGORY =  #category#,
            ESUBMIT_MODEL = #esubmitModel#,
            QUARTER_OF_IMPLEMENTATION = #quaterOfImpl#,
            MODEL_OFFICE_1 =  #modelOffice1#,
            MODEL_OFFICE_2 =  #modelOffice2#,
            SIZE_OF_EFFORT =  #sizeOfEffort#,
            MEASUREMENT_VER_DETAIL =  #measurementVerDetail#,
            DEPARTMENT_INVL_DETAIL =  #invlOtherDepartments#,
            NINTY_DAY_ACTION_PLAN =  #nintyDayActionPlan#,
            PRIMARY_SYSTEM =  #primarySystem#,
            SECONDARY_SYSTEM =  #secondarySystem#,
            BUSINESS_OWNER =  #businessOwner#,
            PROJECT_OWNER =  #projectOwner#,
            BUSINESS_AREA_LEAD = #businessAreaLead#,
            PROJECT_LEAD =  #projectLead#,
            IT_LEAD_1 = #itLead1#,
            IT_LEAD_2 =  #itLead2#,
            IT_LEAD_3 =  #itLead3#,
            DATE_PLAN_CREATED =  #datePlanCreated:DATE#,
            COMPLETION_DATE_IMPACT =  #completionDateImpact:DATE#,
            QUARTER_OF_UPDATE =  #quarterOfUpdate#,
            PERCENTAGE_COMPLETE =  #percentageComplete#,
            PLANNED_START_DATE = #plannedStartDate:DATE#,
            PLANNED_END_DATE =  #plannedEndDate:DATE#,
            ACTUAL_START_DATE = #actualStartDate:DATE#,
            ACTUAL_END_DATE =  #actualEndDate:DATE#,
            MODIFIED_USER_ID =  #modifiedUserId#,
            MODIFIED_DATE =  SYSDATE
    WHERE
        PROJECT_ID = #projectId#
</update>

some times this query is executed without any error, particularly for
the first request after the application being started. For all the
subsequent requests we run in to following error. The error messages
also not consistent, most of the time error messages are either of the
following.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'actualStartDate' property.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'actualEndDate' property.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'projectId' property.

The data type in the DTO are
    actualStartDate - java.util.Date
    actualEndDate - java.util.Date
    projectId -  BigDecimal

The date type of the corresoponding fields in tabel are (Data base is
Oracle 9i)
    actualStartDate - Date
    actualEndDate - Date
    projectId -  Number

The stack trace is as follow,
--- The error occurred in com/tracker/dao/conf/sqlMap/projectMap.xml.
--- Check the updateProjectMasterDetails-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'actualEndDate' property.
--- Cause: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
[2/15/06 23:08:24:225 GMT+05:30] 282fda15 SystemErr
Caused by:
[2/15/06 23:08:24:225 GMT+05:30] 282fda15 SystemErr

our working environment is webspher application server 5.0. we dont
understand the cause of the problem any help could be really
appreciated.

thanks in advance
Manikandan