ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Non-seriazable exception
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:51:47 GMT
I do not think so - you could check the code out from SVN and try it.

Larry

On 1/3/06, Ben Munat <bent@munat.com> wrote:
> Heh, yeah... I guess that kind of describes me too.
>
> So, this wouldn't be fixed by just making com.ibatis....loader.LazyResultLoader serializable?

> Larry Meadors wrote:
> > I think you are dead on there, Ben.
> >
> > So, what is the solution? If it were me, I'd ditch the lazy loading,
> > but I am a session abuser.
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > Larry
> >

> > On 1/2/06, Ben Munat <bent@munat.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I'm getting the NotSerializableException on com.ibatis....loader.LazyResultLoader
when I restart tomcat and it tries to
> >>write/read the serialized http session. The only discussion of this I've found
in the mailing list is this message
> >>Clinton posted back in November:
> >>
> >>"Unfortunately you can't mix lazy loading with serializable caches....
> >>
> >>This is not an iBATIS problem, but more of a CGLIB and/or Java problem.  I'm
sure we could find some crazy means of
> >>managing this, but I'd rather not.  The real solution is to tell Sun that we
want dynamic proxies for classes, just like
> >>we have for interfaces....and we want them to be serializable."
> >>
> >>So, does "serializable cache" include the http session? I'm not trying to do
anything fancy, but I wouldn't mind being
> >>able to leave the lazy loading turned on either.
> >>
> >>Also, to make sure I'm understanding this... the reason why an Ibatis class is
being dragged into the serialization in
> >>the first place is because lazy loading uses dynamic proxies, right? So my domain
objects are being wrapped with this
> >>proxy that catches a call for a child and invokes the query on the Ibatis code
to get the necessary data? And then, when
> >>  tomcat goes to serialize the domain object, it's actually getting the proxy
and so it tries to serialize the ibatis
> >>class.... right?
> >>
> >>If so, then I suppose that I either have to somehow not put my domain objects
in the session or turn off lazy loading.