ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Voorhoeve, Niels {PBG}" <niels.voorho...@pepsi.com>
Subject RE: How to deal with a char column in select statement
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:17:37 GMT
use the sql rtrim function in your query for the select and the
comparison.

________________________________

	From: Michael TALLET [mailto:m.tallet@delta-informatique.com]
	Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 10:09 AM
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: How to deal with a char column in select statement

	Hi,

	I have to query on tables which have CHAR columns (length 5 for
example) as ID.

	Let's say we have some lines with these ID values : XXXXX,
YYYYY, ZZZ  [2 white spaces at the end]. As u can see there is no
restriction about the length of the value : it can less than five
characters.

	Here is my select statement in a sql map config file :

	<select id="select1" parameterClass="string"
parameterMap="result-map" >

	            Select id, lib1, lib2 from myTable where id =
#value#

	</select>

	Here is the problem : if I use the value "ZZZ" as parameter
value then the statement finds no result. I must pass "ZZZ  " value to
make the query ok

	 My connection (an oracle connection actually) has the
"fixed[Default]String" property set to true, provided by an initial
properties file.

	 The strange thing is : the query (with this "ZZZ" value) works
fine with a spring class like JdbcTemplate

	Any help is greatly appreciated

	Regards,

	Michael Tallet

	Delta Informatique