ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <seyhan.basm...@teb.com.tr>
Subject RE: make DB call for every new connection
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:59:24 GMT
if your db side procedures depends on some package settings you MUST process connection
just after getting connection from connection pool,

may be you can use AOP (like Spring AOP) for intercepting connection,
fist you must know which class and method is gettting connection ,
then define a point-cut for that method,
inside advice code process the connection, set db side settings,

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Pannell [mailto:steven.pannell@zooplus.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:15 AM
To: 'user-java@ibatis.apache.org'
Subject: RE: make DB call for every new connection

Hi Nathan,

Well in oracle you can set the CLIENT_INFO user variable for a session.

BEGIN
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_CLIENT_INFO ('JOB UPDATE STOCK');
END;

This means you can view which applications are running on your database by
querying the session view client_info column.  If you have many java jobs
running on a database it's not always possible to see which job is really
belonging to which session.

So set the CLIENT_INFO via the DBMS_APPLICATIONS package for each connection
giving the name of the job as a value and you can quickly see what app is
really running. Nice and easy.  You can also add an UPDATED_BY column to
each table, set a trigger and save the CLIENT_INFO to each updated row, this
make determining who did what easier (for debugging odd data changes). sure
you can use auditing, but it's not the same.

S.