ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alden S" <alden...@hotmail.com>
Subject dynabean as resultClass
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:53:02 GMT

I want to use org.apache.commons.beanutils.LazyDynaBean for the resultClass
but Ibatis does not allow me to.

<select id="getBatParReport2"  parameterClass="java.lang.String"
resultClass="org.apache.commons.beanutils.LazyDynaBean">

I know i can use HashMap and then do
    org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties(bean, map);
which would be acceptable for queryForObject(..........)

but if you do queryForList or queryForMap, then you have to write code to
iterate over the map or coolection and do
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.copyProperties(bean, map);
which is a nuisance and redundant to copy the data from one object to
another.
I use LazyBean or DynaBean bc i use trhem all over as java beans, also for
when i used the <display:table tag.

Does ibatis provide this, or will it ever or never provide this.

Thanks

Alden.