ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Fullam, Jonathan, ALABS" <jful...@att.com>
Subject RE: cascading insert of complex properties?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:28:15 GMT
You are barking up the wrong tree.  I actually saw this asked over a year ago but I can't remember
the exact response.  Basically, this is no supported and there is a good reason why not.
Sorry to be so vague.

-----Original Message-----
From: bob robertson [mailto:bobrobertsonjr@yahoo.de]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:00 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: cascading insert of complex properties?

Couldn't find this in the archives.

I have a bean class, so:

class Bean {
    private Nested nested;
}

(naturally with more properties, getters setters etc).

Bean maps to one table in the DB, Nested to another ,the two are linked with a FK from Bean
to Nested.

To save this whole structure in the DB, do I have to manually save Bean and then Nested? What
I'm looking for is a parallel to the "select" attribute in the "ResultMap:result" element,
where you can specify another statement to be called for complex properties.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

Many thanks,

Bob

  _____

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger <http://de.messenger.yahoo.com>  installieren!