ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jay Blanton <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject CMT and iBatis transactionManager
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:08:37 GMT
I am trying to introduce iBatis into our current architecture to simplify
the DAO layer.

We currently use a SLSB as a Session Facade that may contact a DAO EJB
(really a Transfer Object Assembler) and it contacts individual DAOs
(written with JDBC) to create composite Transfer Objects.  Transactions are
controlled and created in the Session Facade.  How do I configure this in
the sql map config file?  I want to use JNDI as the way to retrieve a Data
Source...

for instance:

[code]
    <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL">
        <property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property value="DataSource" name="java:comp/env/jdbc/fooDb"/>
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>
[/code]

I am not sure if the type is EXTERNAL, JDBC, or JTA.

Also, if I utilize the Pet Store as an example, I have a certain process
that loads an excel spreadsheet into three separate tables in three separate
schemas.  Should I have three different DAOs that are specific to each
schema?  So when I create classes like the Service classes in the example,
they can return a DaoManager specific to the Data Source?

Thanks for your help...I am trying my best to demo this technology in our
architecture to simply this layer.

--
jay blanton
jaybytez@gmail.com