ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "March, Andres" <ama...@soe.sony.com>
Subject RE: Postgres insert not working for varbit data type
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:40:55 GMT
Thanks for the reply.  I guess it is actually a VARBINARY but I tried
both that and BINARY.  Both still give the same error:

SqlMapClient operation; bad SQL grammar []; nested exception is
com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException: --- The error
occurred in com/soe/freerealms/domain/ibatis/MachineState.xml. --- The
error occurred while applying a parameter map. --- Check the
MachineState.X86SegReg. --- Check the statement (update failed). ---
Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "ds" is of type
bit varying but expression is of type bytea

Behalf
> Of Larry Meadors
> Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:36 PM
> To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Postgres insert not working for varbit data type
>
> The jdbcType should be from the Types class:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Types.html
>
> They look like byte arrays..maybe BINARY would do it.
>
> Larry
>

> On 1/4/06, March, Andres <amarch@soe.sony.com> wrote:
> >

> > A Postgres insert not working for varbit data type.  It attempts to
bind
> the
> > parameters wrong even though I have spcified the jdbcType.
> >
> > I have used every typeHandler I can find and still the same result.
> > Currently, my config is as follows:
> >

> > <sqlMap namespace="MachineState">
> >

> >             <parameterMap id="X86SegReg"
> > class="com.soe.freerealms.xml.model.X86SegReg">
> >
> >                         <parameter property="ds" jdbcType="bit
varying"

typeHandler="org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.BlobByteArrayTypeHan
dl