ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michael TALLET" <m.tal...@delta-informatique.com>
Subject How to deal with a char column in select statement
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:09:04 GMT
Hi,

I have to query on tables which have CHAR columns (length 5 for example)
as ID.

Let's say we have some lines with these ID values : XXXXX, YYYYY, ZZZ
[2 white spaces at the end]. As u can see there is no restriction about
the length of the value : it can less than five characters.

Here is my select statement in a sql map config file :

<select id="select1" parameterClass="string" parameterMap="result-map" >

            Select id, lib1, lib2 from myTable where id = #value#

</select>

Here is the problem : if I use the value "ZZZ" as parameter value then
the statement finds no result. I must pass "ZZZ  " value to make the
query ok

 My connection (an oracle connection actually) has the
"fixed[Default]String" property set to true, provided by an initial
properties file.

 The strange thing is : the query (with this "ZZZ" value) works fine
with a spring class like JdbcTemplate

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards,

Michael Tallet