ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Dave" <rash...@persistent.co.in>
Subject iBatis and Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:44:04 GMT
Hi All,

My question might not relate completely with an iBATIS problem, however, I
am a little desperate and would really appreciate some help.

I have an application which I am deploying as a WAR onto a tomcat 5.5
server. The application contains a daoConfig and an SQLMapConfig. The WAR
file looks like

App.war =

-          config (dataaccess.config and other config files)

-          screens (containing jsp pages)

-          WEB-INF (contains struts-config, web.xml)

o        Lib (related lib files)

o        Classes

When I deploy the app on the tomcat server, daoConfig is initialized in the
ActionServlet class. For initializing this config, I have had to supply the
exact path name to the config file rather than a relative one. This is
because I find that File f = new File("."); sysout f. getCanonicalPath()
prints the TOMCAT_HOME and not the App directory in TOMCAT_HOME as I would
have expected.

I also find that supplying a relative path in daoConfig.xml for SQLMapConfig
isn't working. I tried giving the actual path (instead of the package
hierarchy) however even that's not working. I get the following exception

Caused by: com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Error configuring SQL Map.
Cause

: java.io.IOException: Could not find resource E:\ source\Ap

p\WEB-INF\src\com\eobone\uam\dblayer\impl\sqlmap\config\SQLMapConfig.xml

        at
com.ibatis.dao.engine.builder.xml.XmlDaoManagerBuilder.buildDaoManage

r(XmlDaoManagerBuilder.java:127)

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to configure something in tomcat? Please
help.

Thanks!!!

Rashmi