ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick Gray <rgray1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using <dynamic> elements
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:48:47 GMT
Mark, I need to know if i can build dynamic result maps and dynamic parameter maps using the
<dynamic> element like you can in the statement.  In other words can i use the <dynamic>,
<IsNotNull> and other dynamic elements in the result and parameter maps? The section
of code below was taken from the dynamic statement example in the manual.

    <dynamic prepend="WHERE">
  <isNotNull prepend="AND" property="firstName">
  (ACC_FIRST_NAME = #firstName#
  <isNotNull prepend="OR" property="lastName">
  ACC_LAST_NAME = #lastName#
  </isNotNull>
  )
  </isNotNull>
  <isNotNull prepend="AND" property="emailAddress">
  ACC_EMAIL like #emailAddress#
  </isNotNull>
  <isGreaterThan prepend="AND" property="id" compareValue="0">
  ACC_ID = #id#
  </isGreaterThan>
  </dynamic>

Mark Bennett <mark.bennett.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
  You can extend resultmaps which allow you to factor similar fields but allow special handling
for separate fields.

<resultMap id="myResult" extends="BaseMap" class="myClass">
        <result property="special" column="specialCol" select=" Namespace.getFromSomeWhere"/>
</resultMap>

Mark

  On 1/25/06, Rick Gray <rgray1955@yahoo.com > wrote:    Hi,

  I'm evaluating IBATIS for use in our project. I need to know if I can use <dynamic>
elements in the ParameterMaps and ResultMaps. I want to keep the parameters and results in
sync with the statement.

  Thanks

  Rick
http://mail.yahoo.com