ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gareth Moorst <gazj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Custom Type Handler problems
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:31:18 GMT
 I seem to be having problems with a global type handler (specified in my sqlmap-config.xml)
not being called when I don't specifically set the java type or type handler in a resultmap.

For instance, say I have the following in an sql map:

<select id="getTariffCodes" resultClass="java.util.HashMap">
select tar_code, tar_description from tariffs
</select>

and the following type handler set in my global config file:

<typeHandler javaType="java.lang.String" callback="com.phones4u.datamanagement.datamodel.ibatis.typehandler.StringTrimTypeHandler"/>

When I call the select, my global type handler is ignored even though the objects returned
from the database are of type java.lang.String.
I can make it work if I add a resultmap as follows:

<resultMap class="java.util.HashMap" id="tariffCodeResult">
    <result property="tar_code" javaType="string"/>
    <result property="tar_description" javaType="string"/>
</resultMap>

So it's not really a showstopper, but it was unexpected - is iBatis supposed to work like
this?

I'd like to be able to specify the Type Handler to use globally for all objects of a type
without having to go through and alter all of my simple selects - is this possible?

Cheers,
Gareth Moorst