ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Time Checks
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 02:11:31 GMT
I think your quoted question is missing a word or something. :-)

In any case, I recommend HSQLDB over Derby if you have a choice, only
because HSQLDB will be much faster, as it has an "in memory" mode.

When I tried to port the iBATIS unit tests to Derby, the build took like 10
times longer. (not a problem with derby, just the reality of physical disks
vs. DDR -- for what it's worth, I think Derby is a better "real" database).

Cheers,
Clinton