ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The future of iBatis
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:40:04 GMT
iBATIS will always be different for one simple reason:  iBATIS is not an
ORM.

As you've said, EJB3 is basically a specification designed by a committee
including Hibernate, Toplink and other vendors.  All the reasons you've
chosen to use iBATIS will stand true when you compare against EJB3,
Hibernate, TopLink or any other ORM.

EJB3 simply standardizes what was formerly proprietary, which is important
to some people.

If you have any question as to the popularity of iBATIS, simply go here:

http://www.ibatis.com/WEBALIZER_REPORTS/www/

(for future, the above stats may no longer be available, once the DTDs move
to Apache completely)

Best regards,

Clinton