ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make DB call for every new connection
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:15:00 GMT
This isn't an iBATIS problem so much as it is a connection pooling problem.
That is, you'd have the same problem with almost any connection pooling
solution (unless you were planning on holding connections open forever).

So the best way to deal with this is to tackle the problem at the source.  I
would recommend implementing your own DataSource wrapper that will manage
whether connections are new or not, and run the procs if necessary.

The best solution though, would be to remove the requirement to set that
session data, that sounds pretty scary to me.

Cheers,
Clinton