ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ABATOR] Future Plans
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:45:05 GMT
Thanks for the kind words.

I'm hesitant to do the DDL thing because it would mean that Abator would
have to parse the DDL and that is very difficult given that there are so
many different database dialects out there.  If we went this route, we'd
probably need to come up with an Abator DDL syntax, rather than relying on
any vendor's syntax.  Then we'd probably want a translator to translate the
Abator syntax into a specific database dialect, and then before you know it
you're back in the realm of top down CMP entity beans (shudder).  So I think
that is probably beyond the scope of the tool.

But I do like another idea that's emerging on this thread - using Abator to
generate classes and methods given arbitrary queries.  That should be pretty
simple to accomplish.

Jeff Butler