ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abator - Java Code Generator for iBATIS - Runtime Errors
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:06:49 GMT
I did some testing on SQL Server 2005 express (nice that they let you
have it for free).

You do need to use the catalog (which maps to a database), rather than
the schema in SQL Server (the schema is usually "dbo").

Alternatively, you could leave the catalog off and just specify the
tableName - because you are already specifying the database name on
the connection URL.  This is probably a more common usage scenario for
SQL Server.

Jeff Butler

> Hmmm...I think SQL Server uses catalogs more than schemas.  So the configuration should
look like this:

> But it occurs to me that I didn't take that possibility into account in some other areas
of Abator.  So the generated code might not be exactly right.  I'll take a look at that too.

> Jeff Butler
>

> On 12/12/05, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > Sorry about this bug.  My intent is to show a warning message, rather than ending
so ungracefully.  I'll try to get a fix released soon.

> > The underlying problem is the same - Abator cannot see the table testdb.COMPANY.
 The JDBC code in your case is like this:

> >     DatabaseMetaData dbmd = connection.getMetaData();
> >     ResultSet rs = dbmd.getColumns(null, 'testdb', 'COMPANY', null);
> >
> > That query must be returning an empty result set.  I'm not sure what SQL Server
is expecting, but obviously we've not hit on the proper combination yet.  I'll do a little
research to see what I can find out.

> > Jeff Butler
> >

> > On 12/12/05, Broderick, Kevin <kevin.broderick@iona.com > wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using SQL Server and I'm seeing the "/ by zero" error aswell.
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can do in my config file below to work around the error?
> > >
> > > I've tried matching capitalization as suggested for Oracle earlier. Ever the
optimist J

> > > Great tool, looking forward to using it in a project as soon as I get over
this bump J.

> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Kev
> > >

> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > >
> > > <!DOCTYPE abatorConfiguration PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Abator for iBATIS Configuration 1.0//EN"