ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Abator - a Java Code Generator for iBATIS
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 05:56:09 GMT
I am very pleased to announce that a new Java code generator for iBATIS
is now available - Abator.

Abator generates SqlMaps, Java domain classes, and (optionally) Java DAO
classes.  It uses Database Metadata as input, and is highly customizable.
Abator runs as a Eclipse plugin (Eclipse 3.0 and higher).  It is intended to
be run iteratively as your project and database mature, so it will not
overwrite any hand coded changes you make to any of the generated files.

The core code generation functionality of Abator does not require Eclipse,
and can be run as a standalone JAR - I'll post some instructions about how
to do that if anyone is interested.  As a standalone JAR, Abator only
generates code - it does not try to save the results, or try to merge the
generated code with any already existing files.

I have tested Abator extensively with DB2 and MySql, but not other
databases.  I would sincerely appreciate any feedback related to other
databases, or about its core functionality.

This is release 0.5.0 of Abator, and it is classified as an Alpha level
release.  I anticipate that public testing could reveal some issues, so I
have refrained from calling it 1.0.0 yet.  But I feel confident that the
code is "ready for prime time" - I have been using it on a project for some
time with good results.

Check it out here:

http://ibatis.apache.org/abator.html

Enjoy...