ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Kevin" <kevin.broder...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Select timestamp from db
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:34:05 GMT
What is "systimestamp"? I ran that query in sql*plus
and Oracle didn't know what it was, perhaps from another DB ?
Cheers,
Kev

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Peterka [mailto:apeterka@nsdcom.de]
Sent: 12 December 2005 12:27
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Select timestamp from db

Hello all

I am having a problem retrieving the current timestamp from the DB (in
this case oracle):

  <select id="getDbDate" resultClass="java.sql.Timestamp">
   select systimestamp from dual
  </select>

I get the follwing error:

--- Check the getDbDate-AutoResultMap.
--- Check the result mapping for the 'SYSTIMESTAMP' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Invalic columntype

Whereas

  <select id="getDbDate" resultClass="java.util.Date">
   select sysdate from dual
  </select>

Works fine.

Any help is appreciated.