ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Chien <john.ch...@ncmail.net>
Subject Re: the return result of insert, update, and delete in SqlMapClient API
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:21:05 GMT
Meindert:

Thanks. I could not see the javadoc now.
The iBatis.apache.org is down currently.

How can I use the <selectKey> tag ?
Do you have an example ?

Suppose the table is A, and its primary key is id. The sequence of table A is seq_A.
The bean that conatains the data to be inserted is called DataBean which
properties are id, column1, column2.

Can I specify the statement as:

<statement id="insertA" parameterClass="DataBean" resultClass="Integer">

    <selectKey property="id" type="pre" resultClass="int">

        select seq_A.nextval as value from dual

    </selectKey>

    INSERT INTO A

        (id, column1, column2)