ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Amad Fida <amadf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SQL Query as variable
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2005 04:34:12 GMT
Thanks Jeff, this is exactly i was looking for.

Amad

Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote: Sounds like the <sql> and <include>
tags are what you need.  See this FAQ:

 http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=707

 Jeff Butler

 On 12/24/05, Amad Fida <amadfida@yahoo.com> wrote:  Hi,

 I have following problem on hand and wondering if iBatis provides anything here. I have two
tables with 95% similar columns, in fact at domain object level one extends from the other.
For resultMaps I use "extends" and I can avoid duplicating lot of sqlmaps. Now the question
is insert and update statements. As "extends" doesn't make sense for these so I was wondering
if there is anything that I can do to put the common sql (columns names, value paramters)
in some sort of variable and use these variable in my actual sql statement in a map? This
way I can keep one copy and make sure these maps always share common columns. If you are wondering
why i have two tables like that, think of them as production tables an reporting tables.

 Thanks
 Amad

 Yahoo! Shopping
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at  Yahoo! Shopping