ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Kris Rasmussen <kristapes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Adding additional logic to DAO objects
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:31:19 GMT
My application makes heavy use of the ibatis DAO framework. I primarily use sqlmaps for my
implementation. The problem is, my app has some front end caching that needs to be flushed
when underlying data is changed. It seems like the best place to do this is in the DAOs however
I have no way of passing any context to the dao objects. I don't want to add parameters to
all the methods just so I can pass some context which should already be there.

  Is there any way to create/extend an existing DAOManager? Ideally I would like to extend
the sqlmaps dao manager some how such that I can keep a reference to my cache and make it
accessible to the DAOs so that it can be flushed as appropriate.

  Thanks,
  Kris