ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS + Geronimo [signed]
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:14:43 GMT
Hmmm.... I'm about out of ideas....

1. Not to insult your intelligence, but you are testing this in some kind of
servlet or JSP or other web method - right?  This would not work outside of
Geronimo's web container unless you set up the context factory and provider
URL manually.

2. Since you didn't mention EJBs, I assume you're not trying this behind an
EJB facade.  If you were, that would make the configuration different.

3. Other than that, I'm wondering if Geronimo is not setting up the
environment properly for the InitialContext.  Typically application servers
set the environment variables that specify the initial context factory, and
provider URL.  If Geronimo is not doing this you'll have to do it yourself -
but I think that would be considered a bug in Geronimo.

I really doubt this is an iBATIS problem - but you might try a test of
trying the JNDI lookup in a plain old servlet without using iBATIS just to
make sure.

Jeff Butler