ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS transactional behaviour
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:43:25 GMT
Answers to your questions:
 1. Yes

2. Depends on the database, and the isolation level of the transactions, and
the rows involved. If you want to pursue this further, then you could do
some reading on transaction isolation levels and dirty, repeatable, and
phantom reads. I've found the chapter on transactions in the Monson-Haefel
EJB book pretty helpful on this subject.
 3. No - this is two seperate transactions (not nested). Nested transactions
look like seperate, and nested, commit points within one "master"
transaction (in the same thread) - iBATIS does not support this.
 Jeff Butler