ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Larry Meadors <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: iBatis and ORM's
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:30:18 GMT
Man, this is a big one, and i am late already..i'll get it started.

The question is not DAO vs ORM, it is ORM vs Data Mapping.

ORM = mapping database objects to java objects (or c#, whatever).

Data mapping = mapping sql *statements* to java objects (c#, blah, whatever).

DAO can be used with either ORM or Data Mapping.

More later...

Larry