ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Michael Campbell <michael.campb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i get attribute from inbed object?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:40:56 GMT
If "id" in your POJO isn't populated, you either need to let the
database generate one for you or you provide a value.

If you're letting the db do it for you, you don't include the id in
your insert sql at all, but rather use the <selectKey> clause of the
<insert> statement to get the db-generated id back to your POJO.

--
I tend to view "truly flexible" by another term: "Make everything
equally hard". -- DHH