ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rafiq, Adnan" <ara...@carreker.com>
Subject Password Encryption in configuration file
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:34:44 GMT
I am using a simple jdbc transaction manager (type="JDBC" datasource type="SIMPLE") in the
sqlmaps xml file. What I would like to do is to set the password property to an encrypted
password (e.g. <property name="JDBC.Password" value="<encrypted value" /> using my
own encryption algorithm.

In the past, when working with JTA transaction managers I have extended the iBatis provided
classes, e.g. JtaTransactionConfig, and added my own functionality to them. Along the same
lines, I am thinking that I should be able to extend the com.carreker.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource
class and override the getJdbcPassword method. Is this the correct approach or can someone
recommend a better more robust way of decrypting passwords?

In order to hook my new class into ibatis, I am going to set the transactionManager type="com.my.class"
in the ibatis sqlmaps xml file. Is this correct?