ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: paginated list
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:07:11 GMT
It doesn't, it just skips results in the ResultSet I believe. If you
want to get optimal performance, roll your own implementation of paging
and use the LIMIT/OFFSET statements, however, it won't be
database-independent.

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugeny N Dzhurinsky [mailto:eugenydzh@jdevelop.com]
Sent: donderdag 3 november 2005 16:04
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: paginated list

Can somebody please explain how this work? I need to show results from
some
table, i'm using limit/offset statements in SQL query, but I saw iBATIS
can
handle pages in result set somehow, so I might not be forced to add
limit/offset statements in the SQL clauses. But I'm wandering how does
iBATIS
handles various databases (in postgresql statement must ends with limit
offset M whicle in MySQL syntax is limit N,M).

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky