ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Feature of resultset.getGeneratedKeys
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:27:10 GMT
This feature has been available as of JDBC 3.0 (so actually JDK1.4), but
is not available in iBATIS. There is already an issue in JIRA for it, so
you could vote for it to increase the chance it gets implemented (I
believe):

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-142

Niels

From: Tat Leong Chong [mailto:tlchong123@yahoo.com]
Sent: woensdag 2 november 2005 4:45
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Feature of resultset.getGeneratedKeys

Hi,

I am new to Ibatis and using MySQL for company
MIS development. We found the new feature in JDK1.5
for getGeneratedKeys.

1. I am curious that is the current version 2.1.5
Ibatis already support this feature instead of using
the <selectKey> Select LAST_INSERT_ID() as id
</selectKey>?

2. In the current version of IBATIS, <selectKey>
Select LAST_INSERT_ID() as id </selectKey> to get the
auto-increment key. Would this have any problem in
many user access environment like the key is taken by
other thread?

Thanks.

Regards,
Tat