ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Abdullah Kauchali <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and ORM's
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:15:49 GMT
Clinton Begin wrote:

> This is really good discussion.  I hope you guys help Kim with the
> FAQ, and post your feature requests to JIRA (I think "use iBATIS as a
> spreadsheet" is already in there).  ;-)

If you mean my JIRA entry, then I agree.  But, hey, you started the
"iBatis is a spreadsheet" analogy!  ;-)

Anyways, IMHO, I think we very badly need support for disconnected
"datasets" or resultsets in iBatis.
A concept like strongly typed datasets from .NET will be a /dream/!

IMO, the current way iBatis does things makes it more of an ORM than it
does a "collection based" data
abstraction layer.  :-)   And the last thing I want to do is waste my
time defending ORM for iBatis' sake!