ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Medium <contactm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis and ORM's
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:04:54 GMT
Hi Adib,

Thanks for sharing such a detailed account of your experiences. Did you
ever run into any problems with the object identity hashCode/equals
issue with hibernate. I know the hibernate people keep saying this is a
general java issue (which I understand) but I find it a major reason for
not using it. It just tells me that object identity in orm (and really
therefore orm) is flawed. It just doesn't feel right. This is why i love
and continue only to use ibatis. It keeps things simple and there are no
ambiguous use cases which leave the user bewildered in terms of what the
heck is really happening underneath the covers.

Huy