ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ben Munat <b...@munat.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Statements in one transaction/command
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:43:52 GMT
Clinton Begin wrote:

> No, I would avoid that.  I'm not sure what the appeal is of doing
> something like this.  More XML and less Java?  I'm finding the opposite
> opinion is more common these days....less XML and more Java.  In fact,
> one of the highest priority features of iBATIS 3.0 is XML-less iBATIS.  ;-)

Please don't fall for the anti-XML hype! I cannot fathom this whole "xml is too verbose"
crap. Yes, it is possible to push too much responsibility into the XML (and yes, alarm
bells should be going off when you're talking about putting a logic notion like "foreach"

in XML), but that does not mean we should abandon XML... and for what? Yet another markup

language (Ruby-bash fully intended) but without the "scary" pointy brackets? Hardcoding
our configuration in the code?

In any case, from one (mostly) satisfied iBatis user, your use of XML is *just fine*!
Don't fix what ain't broke!